Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Do you remember?

Do you remember where you were when the towers fell from the sky? I do. I was headed to school. We sat in my math teachers class and watched the news on her computer. I was in 6th grade. I remember thinking it wasnt as big of a deal as everyone was making it, little did i know the effect it had on our country and the tragity it would bring so many families. A few years later i visited new york and what was now known as "ground zero" and as i stood outseide the gated area I cried. I guess i didnt really relize the tragity till it was right there in my face. I couldnt understand why another country would do this, because they dont like the way we live? Because it is against their religion? I now grasp the situation completly and here we are yet again. Yesterday when my husband came home and asked what had happen in Boston I told him i had heard there was a bombing at the time i still hadnt linked that the boston marathon was also going on yesterday. Another terrist attack has threatened our country, just when we were restoring hope from the last terrist attack. & I cant help but wonder if it will alter my life this time? Will my husband deploy? What will happen in the months to come? What about the lives takena and people injered? Then i look at my precious daughter born just this year. & in her short 3 months of life we Obama was re-elected, the Catholic religion elected a new pope & Boston was invated by a terroist and bombed. What is our world coming to? It sadddens and sickens me to see the hate that is fueling so many people. How did we get here? When did we get here? WHen will it end? What can we do to help? THose are the my questions. I will be praying for the families effected by the boston bombing and the community itself. My only hope is that you are all doing the same





No comments:

Post a Comment