Wednesday, April 17, 2013

She Who Waits Also Serves

It was around 1:30 when i recieved a phone call i'd hoped we'd dodged. It was my husband, he is deploying. I could never put the emotions I felt in that moment into words. I still dont know how I feel, I know it makes me sick. I dont know how to function without him. & what about ava, she is only 3 months old and when he comes home she will be close to 1 year. I knew there was always a possibility but I guess I just thought it was 1 in a million. You would think as Army Wives we would be prepared for this moment, but we arent. We are never really ready to wave our love goodbye. So often we take the simple things for granted. The times we make them dinner, hug them, hold their hand, a simple kiss. Its true that HOME is where our husbands are. I know my heart will stop the day he leaves but i have to make the most of these three weeks because if worse comes to worse i have to prepare for the fact that he may not come home. I feel like my heart is being ripped open. How are my daughter and I gonna say goodbye? My husband is our strenght, hes what keeps us going. I keep hoping thinking this is a dream. I just feel so empty. I know I have to pray & id be honored if you all pray for us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment